In some particularly unfortunately stroke of bad luck, the kind that surely deserves breaking all of the mirrors in IKEA, that dreaded cancelation text lights up your phone. You’re all dolled up, in the sexy but respectable outfit that perfectly takes you from the office to drinks, with your hair on its best behavior. Then the grumpy boss, freak storm or escapee bear from the zoo strikes ruining your plans. But you put in the effort damn it- so here’s 5 things to do if your date cancels last minute.
- Go into the nearest department store. See there’s a huge sale going on. Contemplate retail therapy, and then spy a sign saying 70% off lingerie. Revenge is best served as black and strappy, regardless of whether or not you share this fact with your renegade date.
- Find a cute café or bar, proceed to eat as many pastries or drink as many cocktails as you goddamn like. If the place has internet access, write a blog post. Hell hath no fury like a writer scorned.
- Make eyes at the attractive person sitting alone at the next seat over. Double dog dare yourself into asking them out. Spot a ring on the left hand in the nick of time. Abort mission. Abort.
- Calculate how much time you have until Love Island starts. Google search places showing it tonight- debate how pathetic you’d be, clearly dressed up and stood up, watching a dating show in public. Commence strategic retreat to your bed, to struggle cuddle with your flatmate’s cat.
- Call your best friend, who is outraged on your behalf and says f*ck it- we’re going out like the hot young thangs we are. Proceed to dance on tabletops and sing off key.
Alternatively get a groveling text saying they’re on their way. Brush off the crumbs, down your drink, fix your lipstick, put on your sexy heels and strut your stuff on over there.